CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Went to the Beach

I made a trip to the coast today( 2/26), it was a combined trip, one for my brain and to take photos of my great-niece for her graduation. You will see pictures of a very stormy ocean as well as pictures of a very cute 17 year old girl. Note the mini skirt and Uggs, I was in jeans and 2 sweatshirts....  
1.) Before we got to the coast.

2.) Kitti and a corgi puppy we met.

3.) Heceta Head Beach, Florence, Oregon
3a

3b
3c

3d

3e

3f

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

21

22

23

24
24a

25

26

27

28

29

30

31

32

33

34

35

36

37

38

39) another sea lion to the left.

40

41

42

43

44

45

46

47

48

49

50

51

52

53

54

55

56

57

58

59

60

61

62

63) look close, front center, a sea lion who was not afraid of the stormy waters. 

64

65

66

67)  There he is again. there were actually 2 of them...silly me I am always fearful they will get hurt on the rocks. 

68

69

70

71

72

73

74

75

76
After leaving the beach we headed for home, the storm hit full force just as I was walking back to the car. The drive home is a little over an hour on quite windy roads in some parts, rain and wind, actually I was enjoying it. We got about 30 miles from my home,we were on a straight stretch coming into Veneta, Oregon, I apparently fell asleep. I woke to the car behind me honking and I was headed straight for the ditch and field, across the oncoming lane already. I woke with a jerk, pulled the car straight and back to the correct lane. Kitti had been playing games on her phone and didn't even notice. It scared the crap outa me, I pulled over in the shopping center parking lot and grabbed a bite to eat and a drink. I got her and myself home safely, I do not know what caused this, I was not tired and had eaten. I am thinking I need a med change, or something. I have had a few episodes while driving to my mama's home,which is only 14 miles. Now I am afraid to drive at all so there wont be too many of  these journey's on my own for awhile until I know what is the cause. Thank you, for visiting and I hope you enjoy the photos.
I am grateful I am here to post them for you!

27 comments:

  1. The images are beautiful.. They tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures, Jan. Kitti is so beautiful.
    But your story at the end is very scary...do get yourself checked - could it be your sugars are low? I am a little shocked actually....you better take better care of yourself, lady. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corinne, I am sorry I frightened you that was not my intention. I have sent you a message on facebook to explain further. I love you and thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. wonderful pictures Jan. All that sea...must have calmed your nerves. Take care in future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenery and a lovely young lady. The footprints in the sand made me stop and ponder for a moment :) I'm worried about your episode though. You really need to talk to your doctor and find out what needs to be done to get this corrected. That is really scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, I have consulted with my doctor and he reminded me that all of my scripts say may cause drowsiness and I take 4. I have to have them the strenght they are no matter which ones they are they will cause this and I cannot live with out them....really sucks.

      Delete
  5. Dear Jan, thank you for all these wonderful photos and specially of 'friendable' Kitti.But then you've left us worried. Please do take care of yourself! I sincerely hope that by now you might have seen your doc. Best wishes.
    -Portia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Portia, I have talked to Dr., I am doing all that I can and so is he.

      Delete
  6. Love the stormy sea and the beautiful young lady, Kitti. Gorgeous photos, Jan!
    But, as everyone else is saying, do get yourself checked out as soon as you can to find out what could be wrong. Take good care of yourself, my dear!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha, I am so proud of my photos of Kitti, she makes it easy. I have talked to my dr. and I am doing what I can, part of which is not taking day trips on my own.

      Delete
  7. The photos were beautiful. The rocky beach with drift wood strewn here and there has a vibe of an ancient burial ground, hauntingly beautiful. Your niece is adorable! Congratulations to her! But Jan, what worries me is you nodding off at the wheel. Do you nod off at home like that or is this something totally new? I know you said it might be the med change. That is scary honey pie. I'm so glad that you made it home! Get that checked out stat!! LOL!! Sending love and protective prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we had fun on that Friday. I need to find new beaches though. I have talked to my dr. and am doing what I can and he says less stress would be helpful, don't they all.

      Delete
  8. gorgeous photo's ... you're doing a fabulous job behind that camera, girl! Kitti is very pretty and photogenic.

    You are not going to do anyone any good if you are dead! Like everyone else said... go get yourself checked out! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, It is so easy to take photos of Kitti.
      I am trying everything I can with my dr. to get this dealt with but choices are limited, more rest and less stress is what it is going to take. HA

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos! You managed to capture the majesty and fury of the ocean...I loved the waves as well as the markings the water leaves on the sand...And great shots of your niece..she's beautiful! Those are pictures to be treasured forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica, we had a blast and the shots of her turned out better than I thought they would. You are right great memories and photos forever

      Delete
  10. Yet again, your gift for photography astounds me! Kitti is adorable!! So very glad that your impromptu nap didn't result in a permanent dirt nap. Your guardian angels were on the job...but you are giving them gray hair!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been giving my guardian angels grey hair all my life, they are probably pretty close to bad by now from pulling their hair out. lol.

      Delete
  11. Oh honey! Another beautiful set of photos that you should be over the moon proud of! Fantastic!

    Please, please, PLEASE get to the doc to see if you can figure out what's causing you to nod off! That is not good! ((( Jan ))) Be careful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jewell, I have talked to dr., I am doing what I can.

      Delete
  12. Really beautiful clicks jan..so close to nature so very near....

    Lovely
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the progression of event...the footprints in the sand and the sea lion. Once again...you had given me free travel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Fher, I own travel will be limited for a time, but I will still be posting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My lovely Jan,
    These are some fantastic shots...but wasn't Kitti cold? (smile)
    I was quite startled with your ending. I'm just glad nothing untoward happened to the both of you. I shall miss your journeys, but you & your health are more important. Take care , my dear friend. <3
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!