CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Foggy Delta Ponds.

Yes I know this is a photo Blog, but I'm gonna put some things down here anyway. For the last few months I have gotten more than a little off track, actually for over a year. 17 months ago Henry my grandson died, this September my mother died, let me tell you that it sucks. I haven't done at all well in dealing with these deaths. I know everyone in the world has this to contend with, I have lost several friends in  between and before these too, including my father. These two however, have rocked me to my core. Even though I knew both were coming, I have been just flat yukky inside. I haven't had to drink, and I have kept in motion, what has occurred to me is I'm not doing anything for the enjoyment of it. I have been doing what I have to do, and trying to balance it with things I should do for me. I have a friend you told me just the other day, that I need to live again. The sad thing is I hadn't realized I wasn't living. Living for me is having adventures and doing things on my own, since I adopted the kids, or really since I brought them into my home, I have taken little or no time for me to do that.
I have continued to use my creative skills to bake and customize a couple birthday cakes, to find creative ways to keep the bills paid, and have developed a love of braiding Kearstyn's hair. I gave up the yard work when the kids moved in, I just couldn't fit it in, I miss it and I miss the blessing I got from the work I did. I still get to enjoy the birds and squirrels and other wildlife that hangs out in suburbia, I am immensely grateful for that. Anyway, I write all this to say I am trying to find my way back and today's photos are appropriate in that it was a foggy, foggy day, and  I am in a bit of a fog myself. I am going to try to commit to a weekly post again even if it is just a couple shots of my cats. We will see how this goes.
I met a couple of wonderful women today as I was out wandering around and quite a few dogs. I had a personal encounter with a Blue Heron, and later a White Egret, both of them appearing in front of me on the path. Then on the way out I spotted what I think was a young Osprey, all of these gave me enough time and  posed for me..How awesome it was to see them up close like this, I realize they are used to humans and all, but they are still normally not quite so calm and collected when one of us approaches.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the shots of a foggy Delta  Ponds day.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!